THE HIP

A Thinker's Shared Spot of Stories of Living



Friday, March 04, 2005

DAMN ISP !!!!

by Eko Prasetyo @ 7:52 AM

I am an internet freaks and proud of it. I see opportunities on the internet, and I intend to reap it.
For that to work, I need a fast internet connection, easy to setup, and downright available.
That’s why I chose to subscribe to TELKOM SPEEDY, an ADSL service provided by TELKOM, Indonesia’s largest telecommunication service.
Many people said that if other choices are available, you should step clear of anything that spelled with TELKOM in it. I didn’t have choices on the cheaper aspect, so I chose TELKOM SPEEDY.
Months went by without problems. Although there are reports that billing systems of TELKOM SPEEDY has gone screwed, I keep on paying cause I have no suspicions over the bill that’s sent to me.
End of January, my ADSL router went blinking. I called TELKOM and they said their GATEWAY SERVER was down. So I calmly waited for the server to
Early February, PLN (State Electric Company), dig for cable maintenance close to my home. Other then leaving poorly reburied cables, the dig also left a problem for me.
All TELKOM connections to my home were suddenly cut off. The office phone, the home phone, and of course, SPEEDY. All thanks to PLN good job on screwing cables of TELKOM lines.
Maintenance was called right away to repair the damage done. It’s 3 days later that I can enjoy my SPEEDY connection again.
Enjoy I said? Bah, Nope. I have never enjoyed my SPEEDY like it was before the GATEWAY SERVER went off. After that PLN accident, my ADSL router has never stopped saying that it can’t connect. It has been happily a blinking ADSL router.
Started on 10th of February, I have never stopped calling the costumer service line. They keep on collecting my complaints, my name, and my cellphone number. And because calling them has never done any good, I went further. I started collecting myself, and this is my collection of ugliness :

· February 20th, 2005. 5.30 P.M Indonesia West Time. A woman, Dewi accepted my complaint call and saying she will contact the technical support. No acceptable result.
· February 21st, 2005. 4.30 A.M Indonesia West Time. A man, Sugeng, Dewi accepted my complaint call and saying she will contact the technical support. No acceptable result.
· February 21st, 2005. 6.41 P.M Indonesia West Time. The complaint call line was busy. I wondered why..
· February 21st, 2005. 6.45 P.M Indonesia West Time. A woman, Iin, accepted my complaint call and she said that the technicians are working on it. No acceptable result.
· February 22nd, 2005. 4.30 A.M Indonesia West Time. My ADSL router stopped blinking. THANKS GOD! I said. But unfortunately I was too happy too soon. This connection was useless cause I couldn’t browse at all!
· February 22nd, 2005. 5.22 P.M Indonesia West Time. A woman by the name of Winar accepted my complain call and saying she will contact the technical support. No acceptable result.
· February 22nd, 2005. 5.59 P.M Indonesia West Time. My ADSL router stopped blinking. I was able to browse, but it lagged heavily 30 minutes later, and then cut off completely on 6.35 P.M.
· February 22nd, 2005. 7.20 P.M-9.00 P.M Indonesia West Time. My ADSL router stopped blinking. I was able to connect to the internet till I decided to go to bed.
· February 23rd, 2005. 4.12 A.M Indonesia West Time. I woke up hoping my ADSL router was not blinking. My hope gone, it was blinking.
· February 23rd, 2205. 6.00 P.M Indonesia West Time. My ADSL router was not blinking. I browse. Ten minutes later the blinking happened.
· February 23rd, 2005. 7.30 P.M Indonesia West Time. My ADSL router was still blinking.
· February 23rd, 2005. 6.28 P.M Indonesia West Time. A woman, Tini, accepted my complain call and saying she will contact the technical support. No acceptable result.
· February 23rd, 2005. 8.00 P.M Indonesia West Time. My ADSL router was still blinking. I decided to turn it off and went to bed.
· February 24th, 2005. 4.00 A.M Indonesia West Time. My ADSL router was blinking.
· February 24th, 2005. 5.00 A.M. My ADSL router stopped blinking.
· February 24th, 2005. 5.45 A.M. My ADSL router was blinking.
· February 24th, 2005. 9.19 P.M. My ADSL router was blinking.
· February 25th, 2005. 8.00 P.M. My ADSL router was not blinking. I was able to browse till my ADSL router started blinking again on 9.00 P.M
· February 26th, 2005. 5.46 A.M. I called the complaint line and was told to that the technician will try to fix it, and she took my name and number.
· February 26th, 2005. 10.10 A.M-8.00 P.M. Despite a few turning on-off of the ADSL router, I was able to enjoy my Speedy connection. I wondered whether the presence of a TELKOM top guy who is my cousin’s husband on my home got to do with it
· February 27th, 2005. I decided to video-record the blinking with my cellphone. The turning on-off ritual didn’t solve the problem. I really was thinking that the presence of the top guy got anything to do with the all-day connection I was able to enjoy the day before. If only I was able to EXPLODE in front of him like I first thought when I heard he was coming….but he’s a family….not a polite one to explode in front of him, no? guess what? WRONG!
· February 27th, 2005. 10.35 A.M Another blinking record taken. Called the CS line. Silent. Called again. A woman named Ade received my complaint call, and took my name and cellphone number.
· February 27th, 2005. The modem was still blinking. I recorded the blinking time and time again.


So here I’m, an obedient and honest subsriber that always pays whatever bills that come to me, feeling screwed ‘cause the service had gone totally wrong and seems unserviceable.
Is it because I took the cheapest services package that they choose to ignore me? All I want is technical checking on my ADSL. FUCK THEM THEN!
May Tsunami hit them, HARD!

Yours Truly

Zengarde Strivearth

ADSL number : 121220000166

Always paying, always screwed. Bah, the live of a low-end technology service consumer in Indonesia SUCKS !!

Oh yeah, that top guy of telkom, his name is Warid if I’m not wrong, is trying to make a NetCafe using an unlimited ADSL connection as a gift to his just marrried cousin-in-law. She’ll be using it FREE. And my home phone number is listed under the name of the woman who helped, very hard, to make his wife married him. She is my mother.
Life’s unfair, no?

March 2nd, Computer Expo. Time to humiliate some people.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    a lil bit harsh on the tsunami thing but hey, you had it B A D so i won't hold it against you :p

    just online with speedy yesterday. was browsing to check my usage since i go with 800.000 per month for 384 kbps and 2 mb quota when i stumbled on this nice remarks on speedy :d

    and i stumbled upon a lot of similar remarks :))

    oh did i mentioned? they gave me WRONG login and corrected it only after three days.

    ps
    i never did find that site to check my quota usage

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    shit i forgot to leave id

    IT Man/Webmaster (Webslave more like it)

    andrew4male@yahoo.com

     

Post a Comment

|

<< Home