THE HIP

A Thinker's Shared Spot of Stories of Living



Sunday, August 07, 2005

Cidahu Camping Survey

by Eko Prasetyo @ 9:10 AM

I led a team of camping surveyors yesterday, a small of team of three adventorous guys. One is a seasoned surveyor, being a geologist and all, who walks almost effortless with the camping site guide while I'm almost collapsed half-way. Another is a visual artist, photography and graphic designs expert, from the PR departement of my office, who shared the same pathetic health condition with me. We walked a great deal along pathways, stoned or not, narrow or wide, uphills and downhills. I feast my eyes on greens and blues of this highland vista. I see waterfalls and the ponds on which the landed, the stones where among them the clear water of the mountain springs flow. I exhaled the fresh and unpoluted air.

I feel refreshed and thankful.

Of course, where there are beauties, there are moments to be captured. And here there are, for your eyes only.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us First, the panoramic view of the camping site. I was wishing could make a 360 degrees panoramic view, but my time was limited, so I can only make about 90 degrees or something. Still it's somehow good nonetheless. I used the office's tripod during the panoramic photo taking. It made me thinking on buying one.

May be later. I need to save my money.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usThen a very beautiful picture of a small pine tree and a big rock with greens around them and the deep blue mountain together with an azure sky as a backdrop. Simply inspiratif and somehow metaphoric.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usNext, a typical countryside view of hill rice fields here in Indonesia. Greens, blues, and browns. I somehow dissatisfied with this one, the colors are to bright and sharp. But I left this one here unchanged.


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us I have mentioned about waterfalls, haven't I? These two pictures are from the first waterfall. It is not a huge waterfall, in fact, it is rather diminutive for a waterfall. It has pond on which the water landed to finally flows among the rocks on its stream that goes downhills.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us This is the second waterfall, much bigger and taller then the earlier. It took considerable amount of stamina to reach this place. And in the end, I am pleased. Haven't seen natural waterfall in years, I am treated with 2 of them right away. It is an inspiring experience. And Like the first waterfall, this one ended in a pond, that has a channel on one side through which water journeys downhills to finally reach the first waterfall.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



After this, I trekked back to the camp site, gasping all the way back, forcing my stamina, pushing myself to the limit. Boy, what a limit that was. I am weak.






tags: , ,