THE HIP

A Thinker's Shared Spot of Stories of Living



Thursday, February 09, 2006

Day 39, 2006

by Eko Prasetyo @ 3:36 AM

Boy, strange thing have been happening to me. Left-back part of my neck, and down all the way to my left arm and hand have been suffering from some kind of aching or stiffness that starts sometimes after lunch. I don't know, is that the coffee, or my rigirous diet+exercises?

Oh well. Nice, long night sleep put that aching away anyway.



It turned out that the Danish paper that displayed the now phenomenal Muhammad Cartoons have rejected to display a cartoon that put humiliate Jesus.

The Danish daily turned down the cartoons of Christ three years ago, on the grounds that they could be offensive to readers and were not funny.

In April 2003, Danish illustrator Christoffer Zieler submitted a series of unsolicited cartoons dealing with the resurrection of Christ to Jyllands-Posten.

Article continues

Zieler received an email back from the paper's Sunday editor, Jens Kaiser, which said: "I don't think Jyllands-Posten's readers will enjoy the drawings. As a matter of fact, I think that they will provoke an outcry. Therefore, I will not use them."

The illustrator said: "I see the cartoons as an innocent joke, of the type that my Christian grandfather would enjoy."

"I showed them to a few pastors and they thought they were funny."

But the Jyllands-Posten editor in question, Mr Kaiser, said that the case was "ridiculous to bring forward now. It has nothing to do with the Muhammad cartoons.

"In the Muhammad drawings case, we asked the illustrators to do it. I did not ask for these cartoons. That's the difference," he said.

"The illustrator thought his cartoons were funny. I did not think so. It would offend some readers, not much but some."


Well, we all know now that the editor is a hypocrite. If his boss is a man of righteous virtues, he shall fire the editor immediately. Having a hypocrite in office will bring down the business sooner or later, devastatingly.

And I think displaying carricature of Jesus will not as provocative as displaying carricature of The True Messenger. Had he decided to display Jesus and rejected Muhammad, the world will still be at peace.

We all know that Jesus is the most disgraced "god" ever lives, disgraced even by "believers".

French President Jacques Chirac condemned decisions to reprint cartoons satirising the Prophet Muhammad. Being the veteran of facing angry moslems, Chirac sure has the wisdom.

In a typical "riding the ugly waves" style, the ugly-as-a-hag-in-bad-stormy-day US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Iran and Syria are fuelling Muslim anger in the cartoon row. Heh, Everyone knows what you're aiming at, bitch: putting more fingers to Iran !!