THE HIP

A Thinker's Shared Spot of Stories of Living



Wednesday, January 31, 2007

To That Day

by Eko Prasetyo @ 1:30 PM

 

In a solitary night, when the cold wind blows the window,

I want to warm my frozen heart,

By replaying that summer.

Playing at the beach, you were enjoying it!

The video of memories of we two,

I am watching alone.

 

 

While you were a little shy,

you whispered 'I love you'

Your face of liar was blurred

with the color of tears

 

 

You make me painful! Sorry to be like this

But even now I am reserving my feelings.

If everything about us is inside this light

Can I still rewind to that day?

 

 

Both my hands full of memories I had believed

I count and count them,

But I can't surpass my little finger.

 

 

Be at my side, tell me it's not true

And embrace my heart.

If everything about us has completely vanished

Right now, I want to rewind to that day

 

 

You make me painful! Sorry to be like this

Even now I am reserving my feelings.

If everything about us has completely vanished

Right now I want to rewind to that day

 

(translated from Ano Hi Ni,  a song sung by Kimura Maki. This song is also ending song for Video Girl Ai anime series)

 

Original lyrics:

 

Tsumetai kaze ga mado o nagasu no samishii yoru

Kogoeru mune  atatametakute

Ripurei ano natsu o

Namiuchigiwa de odokeru anata tanoshisou yo

Hutari dake no omoide no bideo

Hitori de nagamete iru no

 

Sukoshi  terenagara suki da yo to

Tsubuyaiteru

Usotsuki no anata no kao namida iro de

Nijindeku

 

Anata setsunai yo gomen ne konna ni

Ima mo omoi wo nokoshiteru

Hutari no subete wa  kono hikari no naka naraba

Mada maki-modoseru no ano hi ni

 

Ryoute ippai no  omoide o  shinjite ita

Kurikaeshite  kazoeru kedo

Koyubi kara susumenai no

 

Anata soba ni ite soshite uso da yo to

Itte kokoro wo dakishimete

Hutari no subete ga kiete shimau nara

Ima sugu ni maki modoshitai ano hi ni

 

Anata setsunai yo  gomen ne konna ni

Ima mo omoi wo nokoshiteru

Hutari no subete ga  kiete shimau nara

Ima sugu ni maki modoshitai ano hi ni

 

It’s borderline miracle that I am inspired to search for this song after I heard its wonderful and signature opening sequence being used as someone’s cellphone’s ringtone.

This is one of the first j-pop song I heard back then at 1998 when I joint UKJ, and have captured my heart ever since because of its singer melancholic way of singing this soft song.